The Upper House
Perched on the highest point of 70 Acre Wood, the Upper House has panoramic views of Lake Baroon, the surrounding hills and woods, and huge skies. Converted from an old milking shed, this is a space that invites you to spread out and do nothing too strenuous.
- Sit back on the couch and gaze for hours at the light changing over the water and land, while your music plays over the Bluetooth Harmon Kardon speaker; the acoustics are pretty good.
- Dive into the king-sized bed with your favourite person, book or device. There are built-in USB charging points next to the bed and free wifi.
- Relax in the sunken bath.
- Watch wallabies feed outside the floor-to-ceiling windows at dusk.
- Sit on the lawn at 2am and watch the Milky Way.
- Wake at 6am to watch clouds blanket the water and hills, and then go back to bed.
It’s that kind of space.
- Tranquil self-contained one-bedroom mountain cabin that is perfect for couples or a solo traveller.
- Spectacular views
- Free wifi
- Bluetooth Harmon Kardon speaker which you can control with your phone from anywhere in the cabin
- Wall-hung TV in living room
- Built-in USB charging points in the dining area and by the bed
- King-sized bed with reading lights
- Deep bath and rain shower
- Complimentary towels, bathrobes and slippers
- Galley kitchen equipped with: gas cooktop, electric oven, dishwasher, bar fridge, electric kettle, pod coffee machine, milk frother, cooking utensils, crockery, cutlery, water and wine glasses
- Complimentary milk, coffee, tea, sugar and cooking oil
- Reverse-cycle air-conditioner
- Fireplace and complimentary firewood during the winter months
[vrcalendar id=”1″ /]
“It is the most amazing place I have been too thus far! Such a nice getaway in a great location. It was a great R & R place which I would highly recommend to anyone who just wants to get away from your busy schedule and just stop and recharge. Would come back in the future! :)”
Jay, Sep 2017
“This accommodation more than lives up to the owner’s description and to the outstanding reviews it has received. It is ideally located for exploring the Sunshine Coast hinterland, with fabulous views over to Lake Baroon, and the biggest of big skies for contemplating the stars at night. The property itself is perfect for a quiet escape for two – wonderfully-designed, well-equipped, and very comfortable and airy – great for a winter get-away, but would work just as well in hotter months. Highly recommended.”
Gerry, Aug 2017
“We absolutely loved our stay. Chingwei was a wonderful host. The property was everything Airbnb said it to be and the photos don’t do it justice. It is a spectacular use of space and very modern. It has an amazing overlook of the dam and mountain ranges and wonderful to watch the wallabies roam in the morning and evenings around the property. It is only a couple of minutes drive to Maleny township and has everything you need from cafes to groceries. We would highly recommend this property and look forward to coming back and staying again in the near future”
Rebecca, August 2016
“Ching Wei was so welcoming and provided great directions for us to find our way. She was knowledgeable of the area, recommending food places upon our arrival. All amenities were shown to us and explained and anything we were unsure of we felt comfortable in knowing our host could easily be contacted and was happy to assist us. The cabin itself and the view is absolutely amazing and peaceful. Everything is constructed and so perfectly laid out to make for sure a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Could not speak any more highly or recommend the cabin. Well worthwhile ”
Christine, August 2016
“We had an amazing few days at the cabin. It has been beautifully designed and the facilities and quality of the cabin is easy to see. There is a fantastic view out over Lake Baroon and as soon as you walk in the door you can feel yourself relaxing. Chingwei was fantastic to deal with: she was always very quick to respond and sent through some great suggestions on local restaurants and cafes. Everything was ready for us on arrival and it was easy to find and get settled. I would definitely recommend staying here and we’ll hopefully be back at some point! ”
Ben, August 2016
“My partner and I had an amazing weekend away in this beautiful cabin. We had a little gps issue finding the road and Chingwei was kind enough to come look for us. The Cabin design was truely amazing and well thought out. The kitchen had everything we needed to make our meals easily and included an amazing wood crafted dining table made from an old Jetty. The lounge was quite comfortable and had fantastic views of the lake and countryside below and even included a fireplace and TV. Chingwei was very helpful and supplied all the fire wood and kindling to keep us warm and cozy. The bedroom was huge and had a comfortable bed, wardrobe, aircon and had an amazing bathroom that included a spa with enough room for 2. All in all we were very comfortable and pleased with our relaxing experience with the Cabin. Thank you for a home away from home Chingwei. ”
Bryn, July 2016
[efb_likebox fanpage_url=”upperhousemaleny” box_width=”600″ box_height=”680″ locale=”en_US” responsive=”1″ show_faces=”1″ show_stream=”1″ hide_cover=”0″ small_header=”0″ hide_cta=”0″ ]